We are looking for a permanent full time UI/UX Designer to join our high performing team at Rapid Global!
Leading global companies continue to choose Rapid to support/manage their compliance, safety and risk management processes with their staff, contractors and site visitors. Our fully integrated and modular workforce management software supports a culture of safety and compliance in companies across Australia and internationally.
We have an amazing, diverse team at Rapid, who are dynamic and passionate about what we do and why we are here. Our team do an incredible job of supporting and learning from each other and we have a keen focus on providing development and training opportunities. We know that without our software superheroes, we would not be the successful company we are today!
About the role:
We are currently seeking a creative, highly motivated and self-managing UI/UX Designer to join our skilled team of specialists as we develop attractive, easy to use interfaces across multiple platforms. Think cutting edge processes and bespoke projects!
This position offers a great opportunity for the right individual to make a difference and stamp their mark in a well-run team environment.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and software developers
- Strong understanding of best practice design principles
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Analyse existing applications; suggest and implement new designs
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Develop UI wireframes, prototypes and UI mock-ups to effectively communicate functionality and design ideas based on user needs
- Design graphic user interface components, such as menus, tabs, navigation, pop-ups, forms, etc.
- Create and maintain style guides
- Work with developers, client services professionals and product managers to ensure the UI/UX meets specification requirements while remaining functional and integrating with existing code
To be successful, you'll have:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role (3+ years’ experience)
- Experience designing web & mobile applications and UI elements
- Experience using design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Axure)
- Experience using mobile design tools (e.g. Zeplin)
- Experience with analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Mouseflow)
You may also have:
- Knowledge and understand of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- Experience/Knowledge with CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, KendoUI)
- Experience/Knowledge with JS frameworks (e.g. jQuery, KendoUI, Angular)
- Experience with IOS, Android web/native development
What we can provide for you:
- We understand that career development and advancement is essential, that is why we have professional development programs designed to upskill, strengthen and engage you
- Flexibility to work from home, in the city office, or a mix of both
- On the job training is provided
- Reward and recognition program
- Amazing central location with state-of-the-art facilities right near the Central Markets
- Lunchroom equipped with milk, tea, biscuits, coffee & fruit as well as a table tennis table!
- Fun events such as coffee carts, STEPtember, and after-work drinks
If this sounds like the next step for you, then apply now with your resume and cover letter. Please include specific samples of your work in PDF format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!